All about Breedonflow Swiftscreed
I’m Andy Parkin, Managing Director of the Multi Award Winning Speed Screed. Today I’m here to give you a little more insight into Breedonflow Swiftscreed; I’ll talk about some of the technical specifications as well as the benefits of the product itself.
A brief description of Breedonflow Swiftscreed
Breedonflow Swiftscreed can be used in both domestic and commercial build projects prior to the final finished floor type being laid. Breedonflow Swiftscreed is equally at home with bonded flooring systems, unbonded flooring systems and floating flooring systems. It is compatible with most underfloor heating systems.
Breedonflow Swiftscreed is safe to carry all types of pedestrian traffic in line with BS8204 standards in both domestic and commercial properties. We can, of course, advise further on this matter if needs be.
What are the benefits of Breedonflow Swiftscreed?
- Standard cement screeds have to be applied more thickly; you can use thinner layers with Breedonflow Swiftscreed.
- When working with underfloor heating, cover to underfloor can be extremely thin; a minimum thickness of 30mm.
- Can be applied over acoustic matting or rigid insulation boards at a 40mm thickness or greater.
- Fewer cut joints as it is designed to avoid shrinkage.
- A product which is ready for footfall in as little as 48 hours.
- Your floor will be ready for internal partitions in as little as 7 days.
- Suitable for use in wet rooms
- Breedonflow Swiftscreed is easy to install when you use an approved installer like Speed Screed.
- Has the edge over traditional screed in terms of thermal advantages; it can take floor coverings from day 21 and can be force dried from 7 days.
- Floors with areas in excess of 1000m2 can be covered inside a day.
- Underfloor heating pipes can be fully encapsulated.
Placing of Breedonflow Swiftscreed
There are four key things to consider when placing:
- A curing agent must be used on the surface.
- No direct sunlight or draughts for the first 48 to 72 hours.
- Rooms should be completely sealed for the first 24 to 48 hours and kept at an ambient temperature.
- When this time has elapsed, you can ventilate the room, but you must close all windows and doors at night.
There are two main drying considerations:
- Review and follow the manufacturer’s guidance prior to laying the floor covering.
- Again, review the manufacturer’s guidance around moisture tolerance prior to fitting bonded floor covering.
- Breedonflow Swiftscreed is not to be used externally or for wearing surfaces.
- The internal air temperature must be between 5 and 30 degrees Celsius when laid.
- The building in question must be weathertight for Breedonflow Swiftscreed to be laid.
- Breedonflow Swiftscreed is not suitable where falls are required.
Hopefully you are now up to speed with Breedonflow Swiftscreed, when it is appropriate to use it and the benefits that its use can offer domestic and commercial properties; contact us if you have any further questions. We love to help!