Screed Epoxy Flooring
I’m Andy Parkin, Managing Director of the Multi-Award Winning Speed Screed. I’m here to talk about Screed Epoxy Flooring?
What Is Screed Epoxy Flooring?
It is a type of solvent-free flooring screed that can add strength to a floor or tank lining.
Additionally, it lends itself well to environments where there may be chemical exposure or it is exposed to high load and wear. As a result if is used in many different industries including:
Screed Epoxy flooring has a number of properties that make it highly suitable for heavy-impact locations including increased mechanical strength and resistance to chemicals.
Additionally, it provides a dust-free surface in areas where hygiene is a key consideration. This makes it popular with the pharmaceutical and food industries.
The screed comes in different colours including grey, green, red, black and white so, as well as being extremely hard-wearing and non-slip it adds to the aesthetics as well as the safety of the working environment.
Preparing the Screed Epoxy Flooring
Before the screed is applied it is essential to thoroughly prepare the surface. This includes:
- 28 day curing period for all new concrete or cement surfaces before the placement of the screed.
- Cleanliness: Surface must be clear of all oil, grease, chemicals, etc.
- The surface must be completely dry.
- Repair any cracks or crevices before the application.
- Level the original surface before application – screed epoxy flooring cannot be used to level floors because it is a very thin application.
How to Apply the Screed Epoxy Flooring
The flooring needs to be mixed per the manufacturer’s instructions which must be followed to the letter. The basic steps to this include:
- Applying the Primer and allowing it to completely dry
- Mixing the resin following the manufacturer’s instructions
- Adding the curing agent
- Adding fixer and mixing well, then place it evenly on the surface
As with any project, health and safety are essential and screed epoxy flooring should always be applied using protective equipment.
I hope this information has been helpful, please contact us.